<$BlogRSDURL$>
Ankh Morpork's Finest Coder
Monday, March 07, 2005

Gomez "Fever"
For those who know Gomez, you should understand the pun of this blog entry's title, "Fever" from the song Rosemary.

Over the last few weeks, I have been listening to nothing but Gomez. I find the lyrics to be so deep and soothing. The accompanyment of the musical instruments doesn't "clatter" the sound they produce but rather fits like a jigsaw puzzle. My favourite songs are We haven't Turned Around and Rosemary. They say that there is a mix of blues in their vibe. And I whole heartedly agree. To quote "the feeling of being lost in both love and art is paramount." Rosemary reminds me a bit of the old 60's & 70's french music my dad for some reason had.

Holy Shit! I was right. I just looked up Rosemary on Allmusic & even they say "A fabulous slice of modern-day psychedelic music, it accurately captures what many '60s-influenced bands hope to aspire to."




0 Comments:

Post a Comment