<$BlogRSDURL$>
Ankh Morpork's Finest Coder
Sunday, December 19, 2004

Norton Ghost 9.0 + M$ Woes
I created a Ghost Image of my HD onto DVD and it took up 2 of them. Then when I did the same Image backup but put it on my external HD it only take 5GB. Is it just me or is there something wrong with the mathematics there.

I had to call M$ today because apparently "I've activated my hard earned copy of Office 2003/Visio 2003/One Note more times than is permissible in the EULA." What rubbish! Now everytime I reinstall my comp (which is about every 2-3 weeks) I have to spend money to call M$ to tell them that I'm trying to use software that I paid for and its not an illegal copy.

I'm getting more and more frustrated with M$ these days. Lately, I've made the switch from IE to Firefox and Outlook to Thunderbird. Now do I dare make a switch out of Office totally and into Open Office??? Do I dare give up the Windows platform completely? Whats life like on the other side of the OS divide? Is Linux/Unix/Mac worth it? Ok maybe not Mac. I hate how they screw you over in customer support.

I believe that if you make software for sale, then you better make support for that software free. I feel like all the big companies, M$ included take the consumer to the cleaners. But I must commend M$ on their hardware support policy. I had a problem with my Bluetooth key/mouse combo and they offered to replace it for free (I didn't take them up on it cause I managed to fix it myself).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment