<$BlogRSDURL$>
Ankh Morpork's Finest Coder
Friday, November 05, 2004

Review of Logitech MX 1000.
The MX 1000 from logitech arrived today to much excitement on my part. A laser mouse, with its own battery and charger.



However, ladies and gentlemen, the MX 1000, while being superb at precision pointing, is NOT at all ergonomic. The buttons for browser forward and back are wierdly placed. There is a Task Switch button that I haven't yet been able to figure out and make it work. Its also very good at pointing out (pun unintended) the amount of dust that accumulates in an office. Being a black/dark color, the specles of dust are quickly noticed. Also what is up with the size of those buttons. Why so small? What we need is bigger mice so that they can fit into ones hand perfectly.



I don't know, maybe I'm just fickle or maybe its that I need to get used to the mouse but I like my Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer for Bluetooth a whole lot better. It just contours my hand properly and is must longer than the MX 1000 (which barely makes it halfway down my hand).



Conclusion: If you have small hands and want an expensive laser pointer, then the MX 1000 is for you. If you have big hands like me and don't want that expensive of a mouse, go for the MS Intellimouse Explorer for Bluetooth. (Cost of MX 1000 was about as much as my MS Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse bundle together). So you be the judge of that.

1 Comments:

It occurred to me that you could have just bought rechargeable batteries for your old mouse then :)

-Dan

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:19 PM  

Post a Comment