<$BlogRSDURL$>
Ankh Morpork's Finest Coder
Thursday, October 21, 2004

Whats Longhorn gonna require?
Our building has a security team monitoring it day and night. Since I'm here all night, most nights, i've gotton to know a few of the security guards (those that bother to patrol the halls anyways). They are pretty cool guys always willing to listen with wide eyes about the work and research as well as other tech stuff. So today, actually a few minutes ago, one guy asked me what's next for computers. I told him about the DUAL core CPU's that are becoming the fad.

Then I wondered, what does MS thing will the requirements be for Longhorn. So I went to google and found this little excerpt from Technically Speaking.

Microsoft is expected to recommend that the “average” Longhorn PC feature a dual-core CPU running at 4 to 6GHz; a minimum of 2 gigs of RAM; up to a terabyte of storage; a 1 Gbit, built-in, Ethernet-wired port and an 802.11g wireless link; and a graphics processor that runs three times faster than those on the market today.


Well at least I have almost a terrabyte of storage on all my machines put together. :-) Oh and I have a built in Gigabit ethernet built into all my comps motherboards too.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment