<$BlogRSDURL$>
Ankh Morpork's Finest Coder
Sunday, October 10, 2004

Project Inception: DotNetBlogger
Dot-Net-Blogger

Why? - I am starting work on an Application called DotNetBlogger. I have used w.blogger to post into my blog but it does not allow me to post into my FTP space.

Features - The features I am hoping to include are
1) Post into FTP
2) Post into Blogger
3) Easy & Intuitive UI
4) Accessible
5) Application.Config file to hold XML-RPC URI information
6) Multi-User application & custom configuration settings.
7) Secure using .Net's own Encryption API

TimeLine For DotNetBlogger - I'm hoping to have this completed by December 04. Busy with school and work right now so it might take a while. If your interested in developing this with me, I'd be happy to have your help.

If you have any comments or suggestions for features or anything else, please let me know. I'd be happy to incorporate those time willing.

Current Prototype - I have done a proof of concept program and been able to get user information for a given username and password. It took me about 10 min to figure out completely how to do that.

2 Comments:

Actually, even better than FTP, you should support XML-RPC, so you can be a webserice and use a number of clients out there. There are so many standards for blogs nowadays! The better blogging system will support some of them :)

I use b2evolution which is quite nice (but in php), and you don't have to register into blogger.com to post not-anonymous comments (it has a great spam filter too). Anyway, good idea and good luck.

Daniele.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:33 AM  

Thanks for the feedback. The blogger API is actuall XML-RPC so making my code an XML-RPC client is the easiest choice. I wouldn't want to run my app as a XML-RPC server because then clients would need to know the URI of my server etc etc. I think the biggest "selling point" would be that it is going to be Accessible and configurable. Of course it will be open source too. :-)

By Blogger Sushant Bhatia, at 8:37 AM  

Post a Comment